Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large Swiss Villa pastured egg
- 1/2 cup oasis unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup light coconut sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sucanat sugar
- 1 tablespoon shanks vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic old-fashioned whole rolled oats (not instant or quick cook)
- 3/4 cup Small Valley Milling Emmer Flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon, added to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic raisins or nuts, optional and to taste
- In a large bowl combine the egg, butter, sugars, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Add the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the chocolate chips, optional raisins or nuts, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart and bake for about 11 minutes (for super soft cookies, longer for more well-done cookies), or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool.